Microsoft has released SQL Server 2008 Report Builder 2.0 RC1. The Report Builder has full support for SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services including: various report layouts, data visualizations and formatted text.
According to Microsoft, “SQL Server 2008 Report Builder 2.0 provides an intuitive report authoring environment for business and power users.”
Report Builder RC0 was first released as part of SQL Server 2008 RC0, but it was not included in SQL Server 2008 RTM. Report Builder RC1 is released now, as a stand alone installer, with the following features on top of RC0:
- Easy to use wizards for creating table, matrix and chart data regions.
- Support for directly opening and editing reports stored on the report server.
- Support for using server resources such as shared data sources.
- A query designer for Microsoft SQL Server data sources.
- Enhancements to the Report Builder 2.0 ribbon.
This is interesting, as I have a customer right now that is interested in creating their own reports with Reporting Services…looks like I might need to explore this in greater detail – we’re currently running SQL 2005.
Additionally, I can only hope the SQL 2008 Reporting services includes VS 2008 support.
I’m not sure if NHibernate runs on SQL 2008 as there was no 2008 dialect released with the latest version of NHibernate .
Guess I might have to see…