Well, Google is taking the bull by the horns!
Google has just announced that it is open-sourcing a set of tools its own developers use to build some of the companyâ€™s most well known products, including Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Maps.
Closure Tools includes:
- Compiler: http://code.google.com/closure/compiler/
- Google is also releasing the Compiler as a web app and a RESTful API.
- Inspector: http://code.google.com/closure/compiler/docs/inspector.html
- a plugin for Firebug
- Library: http://code.google.com/closure/library/
- Demos/Samples :http://closure-library.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/closure/goog/docs/index.html
- Tutorial: http://code.google.com/closure/library/docs/tutorial.html
- Templates: http://code.google.com/closure/templates/
- Closure Templates are a client- and server-side templating system that helps you dynamically build reusable HTML and UI elements.